Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crock Pot Pork Loin

Teachers are back in session as of this week at school. 


The week is full of in-services, meetings and necessary instructions all crammed into five days.  Get a few teachers together and sometimes the crazies start coming out.  Some things are more enjoyable than others and lunch is always among the fun things to do. Eating healthy has been a challenge this week because teachers want chocolate and doughnuts and candies, cookies and breakfast tacos, not in that order but order is not the concern!  And of course, we need really strong coffee!  Since I have to weigh in tomorrow for our family's Biggest Losers I have been watching the unhealthy snacks and have done fairly well....so far...but the week is not over!


This week instead of rushing out to crowded restaurants and ordering food that is unhealthy for us my co-worker and I decided to plan ahead and start doing crock pot meals, cooking in our rooms while we were in meetings. 


We started with Rosemary Chicken yesterday and today we made Crock Pot Pork Loin.   So simple!  So good!  Lisa makes pork chops like this so I adapted her recipe.   Click on Read More to get the Crock Pot Pork Loin recipe.


I am estimating amounts because technically I did not measure anything.  
I used the small crock pot (1.5 qt perfect for school) and it filled it to just below the rim once it was all cooked. I checked the crock pot before my meeting this morning and did a little taste test and then all during the meeting I was ready to go eat.  Once I ate my lunch then I went back for more meetings and kept thinking about how good the pork was and wanted to eat it again even though I was not really hunger.


One 1.5 lb pork loin (more or less)
One can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons ketchup
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
1 onion quartered


Simmer overnight on the low setting.  As it begins to simmer juices will begin to form.  In the morning use two forks and pull the pork apart into strips.  Turn the crockpot down to the warm setting.  Serve with white or brown rice. 


Serves 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment