Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Easy Strawberry Sherbet

This photo was taken in December of 2004.
 This is the "pink ice cream" that my boys grew up eating. Actually, I think my Mama made it for me when I was little! It's very easy to make, but like any frozen dessert, you have to start early to give it time to set up in the freezer. No need for an ice cream freezer, although I would imagine you could use one if you wanted.


                                Easy Strawberry Sherbet

1 large can evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk!)
1 large (6 oz.) box strawberry gelatin mix (I use Jello brand)
1 cup sugar


Pour milk into a bowl that can go in the freezer. Place in the freezer until ice crystals form around the edges. Whip with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Reduce mixer speed and gradually add gelatin mix and sugar. 
Freezer until firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment