Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Easiest GOOD Fudge You'll Ever Make!

This recipe is mine. I adapted it from the Leche Quemada recipe I've posted recently.  I have made it for several years and always get compliments when I take it anywhere. It is EASY! It is FAST! You can make it in the microwave and have fudge in 15 minutes or so. This is not that powdered sugar type fudge that tastes more like overly sweet frosting. This is a deep chocolate fudge - creamy and rich.
You will need need only 4 ingredients - 5 if you add vanilla, 6 if you add nuts.



                        Linda's Easiest Ever Microwave Fudge
1 can Sweetened condensed milk
5 tablespoons butter (you can add up to 8 tablespoons depending on how creamy you want your fudge)
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (if all you have is dark brown, that's fine)
1 cup Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

Line an 8' x 8' heat resistant pan with foil and butter it lightly. Set aside.
In an 8 cup heat resistant, microwave safe measuring cup or bowl, melt the butter. Use a good brand so that it doesn't foam up during the last stages of cooking.
Add the brown sugar and milk. Stir well. Put in the microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring after every 2 minutes. Remove after 6 minutes and place on heat resistant surface. Use a hand mixer to briefly mix to incorporate the bubbles that have formed on the surface. Add the chocolate chips. Continue to mix until smooth and creamy. Mix for a couple of minutes for the smoothest fudge.  If you want, add a teaspoon of vanilla. You could also add chopped nuts at this point.
Pour out into the foil lined pan and spread to the edges. Let it cool.
That's it! The number of servings is dependent on how big you make the squares, of course.

NOTE: Confession time! I used a pan a little too big, so my fudge was thinner than usual. I just stacked them up two slices high while they were still setting up. No harm done, but it gives me an idea. What if I put a filling of some kind between them? Maybe melted Andes mints? Peanut butter? Hmm.......maybe I'll work on that some day! If you try something and like it, let me know!

UPDATE: I still make this fudge a lot when I'm in a pinch for something quick! I added 1 cup of marshmallow creme along with the chocolate chips last time and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment