Sunday, October 16, 2011

Milky Way Bars are out of this world!

Candy corn was invented around 131 years ago by Wunderlee Candy Co. and in the 1900s was being produced by Goelitez, that is now known as (my favorite candy comes from it) Jelly Belly! Jelly Belly has now been producing it for 100 years! The yellow part of the candy corn is actually the top of it! Candy corn has its name because it’s supposed to look like a corn kernel.
Joel

This is kind of a cross between a brownie and candy and was the recipe of choice when I gave Joel his candy options.

Milky Way Bars

14 oz. pkg. caramels
1/3 cup + ½ cup evaporated milk
1 German Chocolate cake mix
½ cup butter
2 eggs
12 oz. chocolate chips

Melt caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix cake mix, butter, ½ cup evaporated milk, and eggs. Spread half of batter in greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Take out and spread on caramels, sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel, and add rest of batter, spreading carefully. Bake 20 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Joel and Leann! I know this is really a good recipe! It is just the right kind of gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information, Joel! I've visited the Jelly Belly factory in California and I didn't know that.
    I had forgotten about Milky Way Bars. I used to make them all the time. This is a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for this recipe!!! Can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete