Sweet Potatoes are extremely nutritious, but often they are served in a concoction of sugars and fats topped with marshmallows. While that is delicious, it more than negates the nutritious qualities. At a recent dinner party I had a delicious, savory sweet potato dish that I wanted to share. It is amazingly simple, and the flavor is incredible. Plus- compared to the Thanksgiving table variety of sweet potato, this seems fairly healthy.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium Vidalia or other sweet onions, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss ingredients in a 13 X 9 casserole
- Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes more. (approximate times- roast until the potatoes are fork tender.)